The spread of the coronavirus and the corresponding protective measures prescribed by the authorities are having a dramatic impact on Swiss musicians.
Many of you are self-employed, so the numerous cancellations of events pose an existential threat. This situation affects everyone: musicians, technicians, agencies, labels, publishers, agents, promoters etc. – but also Copyright Agencies.
FONDATION SUISA is very keen to help you in this situation in an unbureaucratic, solidary and accommodating way.
We are watching the changing situation closely and will evaluate it continuously in order to be always up to date. In this context we would like to mention the following points in particular:
- FONDATION SUISA obtains its financial resources through an annual allocation of 2.5% of SUISA’s income from performance and broadcasting rights in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein. The almost complete standstill in the field of concerts will lead to significant financial losses for SUISA and thus also for the Foundation.
- Therefore: we may not be able to meet all expectations and will continue to carefully evaluate the applications and possibly have to reject them.
- However, applications may still be submitted.
- The assurances of the financing commitments already made by the Foundation remain in place: Swissfoundations recommendations
- Despite our home office we are still available during office hours.
Submit your applications!
Let your creativity run free!
Take care of yourself!
and above all: stay at home!!!
Team FONDATION SUISA