The measures decided by the Federal Council on 28 October 2020 threaten to intensify the crisis for cultural workers in Switzerland. As various cantons have further extended the restrictions, the current measures for the cultural sector are equivalent to a second lockdown.
This will have a dramatic impact on Swiss music professionals. Many of them are self-employed and therefore the numerous event cancellations pose an existential threat. This situation affects everyone: musicians, technicians, agencies, labels, publishers, agents, organisers, etc.
We at the FONDATION SUISA are closely monitoring the changing situation and will evaluate it on an ongoing basis in order to keep abreast of the latest developments. For this reason, we are in constant contact with the SUISA cooperative, relevant interest groups and political representatives. It is also very important to us that we treat you in these extraordinary times with as little red tape, solidarity and goodwill as possible.
In this context we would like to mention the following points in particular:
- We continue to support. It should be noted that the FONDATION SUISA only deals with project-oriented applications.
- We cannot respond to emergency applications. This type of assistance does not correspond to our foundation’s purpose. SUISA members can turn to the SUISA Cooperative for help in the event of loss of income from SUISA copyrights.
- Despite having a home office, we can still be reached during office hours.
- Please contact us by email (info(at)fondation-suisa.ch) whenever possible and also send us your documents in electronic form.
- Please use the links below to find out which channels and offers exist that are best suited to your specific situation.
Take care and stay healthy!
Suisseculture Sociale⎪Soforthilfe for cultural workers
With the decision of the national parliament of 25 September 2020 on the Covid-19 Act, the emergency mandate of Suisseculture Sociale was extended until the end of 2021. Website »
Federal Office for Kultur⎪BAK
Information on the Covid-19 culture regulation. Website »
Pro Helvetia⎪Infopoint Covid-19
This infopoint, under the leadership of Pro Helvetia, is continuously filled with valuable and, above all, verified information. Website »
Sonart is part of the Task Force Culture, which seeks economic solutions for the benefit of all Swiss cultural practitioners in cooperation with political representatives. Website »
SUISA, Cooperative Society of Music Authors and Publishers
SUISA grants its members advances or support payments in the event of significant shortfalls in SUISA’s revenues from the Corona pandemic. Website »